Monday, November 22, 2010

Lauer & Pentak's Design Basics: A critical review

Total waste of money!
Image stolen from a site that stole it from somewhere else…

Future UCD design student: Save some bucks, save some trees, and just look up "Elements of Art" and "Principles of Design" on wikipedia or something. It's all right there! Take my word for it, as a student who deeply regrets dishing out 20 hours worth of slave wage pay for this over praised scrap of high-end press material.

How much is Wadworth paying you, professor?

This is all you need, a complete comprehensive and dare I say accurate replacement for L&P's Design Basics:


Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Dude, you're getting tested on the terms that are in the BOOK, not wikipedia. Even if it provides the same info, its not what the test is going to be based around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The terms are the same for all intents and purposes no matter what your source. I, like most, prefer that source to be free. And I'm just pointing that out for others like me. ;) But if you dig spending money on a book you don't really need, that's your thing - I have no problem with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine, I guess. It's just that, "How much is Wadworth paying you, professor?" seems a little caustic, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Powered by Blogger.